Can I fry frozen okra? If so how? AskCulinary - reddit
12/03/2010 · 1) We’re going to be cheating a little bit in this recipe, by using frozen okra. If you have fresh okra, all the better, but frozen works just fine when you can’t get fresh. If you have fresh okra, all the better, but frozen works just fine when you can’t get fresh.... Chef's Note “Fried okra is a staple in Texas and the south, and everyone has their own way to make it. The crust can be flour, cornmeal, or a combination of both; my grandmother used cornmeal, my mother uses mostly seasoned flour, my wife uses …
Chicken & Sausage Gumbo with Frozen Okra Getty Stewart
It works for the bags of frozen sliced okra from the freezer of the grocery store or our home-grown okra. When cooled completely place in zip-lock bags and freeze. Defrost when needed to cook a little longer for a side dish or add to soups and gumbos. Fish …... I usually buy frozen from a local source in my grocery but I'm gonna try this recipe since I grow okra. (I got problems with corn meal but have a trouble finding corn "flour") (I got problems with corn meal but have a trouble finding corn "flour")
Simple Sautéed Okra with Garlic (Recipe)
Cook onion for 4 minutes or until light golden. Add okra and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until it starts to soften. Add to spice mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and … how to say damn in french Stewed Okra and Tomatoes is a healthy and delicious southern side. Fresh summer okra, sliced and cooked with canned tomatoes (you could use fresh instead), bacon, onion, celery, and a few seasonings makes a delicious vegetable side dish for almost any meal.
Is it ok to use frozen okra in gumbo? Seasoned Advice
Okra Soup (different from yours – tomato, corn and shrimp based – and okra purloe – okra and rice dish). But the one secret to removing the slime is to sauté the sliced okra in a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet before using in the recipe. Works every time. Keep up the great work here. Can’t wait to … how to prepare an outline for mooting competitions Southern buffet-style restaurants often feature frozen, breaded okra on the hot line. Speaking from experience, it's poured frozen from the bags it is delivered in into fryer baskets and dropped into [plenty of] hot oil. You should have no problem doing the same, just prepare for splattering.
How long can it take?
treatment for frozen okra Home Cooking - Chowhound
- Fried okra (sukhi bhindi) recipe SBS Food
- Bamya Middle Eastern Okra Stew Little Sunny Kitchen
- Roasted Okra Recipe Wellness Mama
- Smothered Okra Better Homes and Gardens
How To Prepare Frozen Okra
Add the okra, stir to coat it with oil and combine it with the garlic. Cover and cook, shaking the pan frequently to move the okra pods around inside, until the okra is starting to brown on the edges and is tender to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- I recently purchased frozen organic okra at our local health food store and it worked in this recipe too! How To Cook Okra My favorite way to cook okra is in a stir-fry with onions. If you can eat nightshades, okra is also fantastic with tomatoes, a natural pairing since okra and tomatoes are part of the same late summer crop. How To Cook Okra Serves:2 Ingredients 2 tablespoons coconut oil or
- Freshly thawed prepackaged frozen okra also works well. With a sharp knife cut the okra into ½-inch circular pieces, beginning at the top and continuing to the bottom. A piece of okra that resists cutting is too tough -- you should discard it.
- You can sub in frozen, sliced (un-breaded) okra as well; simply thaw and rinse. Meanwhile, heat about 1/4 cup of cooking oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high …
- If you freeze okra and cut it while it is still frozen, it will less slimy than when you cut it fresh. A second trick for reducing sliminess is to soak the okra in vinegar for half an hour before